Wednesday, March 24, 2010

PDF Viewer done

I finished the iPad viewer on Friday at work (late into the evening) virtually alone, though there were a couple of good contributions to it from co-workers.  It looks more or less the same as in the screenshots, but has a couple of good things to go with it as well.  Today it was approved for sale along with the timer app.  Being burned out a bit I took last weekend off and read Empire by orson scott card.  It was a pretty good, if light, read.  Interesting ideas in it though.  Tonight I spent about 90 minutes designing a gameboard.  I tried the oval came board I had been thinking about first, but it just wasn't working out.  I settled on a rectangle gameboard and hope to have some of the pieces done this evening.  I'm a bit torn as a side-view of the pieces would look the best, but a top-down view of the board would work really well also, so we will see how it goes.  Also did some research on the pieces and got some sample images.  Additionally I decided, with the help of my wonderful wife, that we would take pictures and have the line art transition into the picture.  We will start for that on a trial basis and see where that goes.  That will be a lot of daunting work to get the pictures as well as the line drawings together.

Oh, the PDF viewer is called "Simple PDF Viewer" in the iTunes app store, iPad section, feel free to have a look if you are so inclined.

No comments:

Post a Comment