Saturday, February 13, 2010

Kid's Birthday

9:00 AM - 11:00 AM: I had to head in to work since I left my power adapter for my laptop here last night. I have until 2:00 PM which is when my daughter's birthday party starts. Going to add the actual app framework this morning. Started looking around at cocos2d, got a universal project started and running. Diverged to purchase a monitor from newegg that could actually run the iPad simulator at full screen without resizing. It's nice to have (a little) seed money from my previous project, Geopher Lite. We'll see if a new monitor helps. Also played around with garageband some, I have a few different composed pieces I might be able to use as well as a few full samples that could be fun profile sounds. Also made the first post to the ipadgaming.blogspot.com blog (this blog, back-dated). Now that I'm good and distracted, I'm going to break for an early lunch then hit the app framework hard.

11:45 AM - 2:00 PM: Created the default project. Added a main menu, main menu background layer (to play the music, draw something cool in the background), created a now-traditional rainbow spinning in the background. Added a menu with 2 choices, one to go to the game board placeholder, another to go to the drawing screen placeholder. Also did some research in the cocos2d forums for various things and found a thread about what people wished they knew about when they started using cocos2d. Good stuff there, distracted me for 20+ minutes. Headed to my 2nd daughter's bday party now.

No comments:

Post a Comment