Saturday, June 26, 2010

More love for sketch+Accessibility

5:00-7:00 PM, 8:00-9:30 PM - Today I added the item list tool window to the sketch+accessability project. This window shows all of the objects that are currently stored in the graphics view by name. Right now it's a window with a table in it. It also has a refresh button. Incidentally, the sketch+accessability also uses bindings heavily, and those are kicking my butt. So I'm making refresh calls to the table, which is less than optimal. Someday I'll understand bindings, but for now it's just in my way. :/ Anyhow, the idea is to be able to select multiple items both with your cursor like it did before as well as within this window. This will help to organize the order of the object drawings as well as hopefully make creating and editing a given picture easier, since the selection method is less than ideal. The background is going to have to be done independently of SKTImage I think, otherwise it will get tied up with the rest of the drawing code, which could be bad. I'm not 100% sure how I'm going to handle that yet, but that will have to be finished. Along with other details about the drawing that need to all go together… (category, item name, brief description? etc) Wish me luck, I'll need it. =)


I realize now that at some point I've revisited sketch and ripped out all of the per-pixel specifics and didn't log that.  It's more vanilla and I'll use transforms to get the drawing to draw where I need it.  The window does resize the grey box automatically to the optimal size right now for the iPad, but since I'm not doing other odd pixelly things you can use the already built tools like the grid and zoom features to help draw.  Adding curves to this also helps immensely.  Still no word on if I'll support text, I kind of don't expect to, but we shall see.

No comments:

Post a Comment