Monday, June 21, 2010

sketch editor gets some love

10:30 PM - 11:30 PM - Played with the image editor some. I think we are going to need either layer support or some kind of object selection tool more than just the arrow. If you have a bunch of objects then it will be difficult to adjust things around. Additionally, we will want to adjust the points so that they are more or less sequential. When it draws it could be random, but that is probably less ideal than having the person making the image adjust it to the "ideal". We will see, I may need to automate this somehow, but for now it is drawing on the object order added, from back to front.

Anyhow.

I fixed the background to be grey instead of white and made it 512x512, which I think we decided upon for the iPad version. The new iPhone version should work OK at this resolution as well, though if I do make this a universal app then I think I will be scaling it down to work with older devices as well. The drawing program already supports images, so I will need to tap into the images code and auto-position the image. No huge technical hurdles (that I'm aware of) left other than possibly the huge performance hit that I'm seeing on straight lines and figuring out particles to add a little spice to the graphics. Going to have to solve that performance one here soon. For now I'm going to try to get a decent example demo going of a drawing that fades into a background picture. But tonight I just need to go to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment